European Parliament Training Placements for Students
The training placements are being offerred to young people having a secondary-school leaving certificate (obtained before the deadline for application) corresponding to the level required for entry to University. This option is also available to applicants who have completed a higher or technical course on the same level. Priority is given to young individuals who require a training placement as part of their course of study, provided that they have reached the age of 18 by the first day of placement.
Training placements are awarded for periods between one and four months (with possible of exceptions).
1) Non-compulsory training palcements
Starting dates and deadline for receipt of application for non-compulsory training placements
Application period: 1 August - 1 October
Start of placement (max. 4 months): 1 January
Application period: 1 December - 1 February
Start of placement (max. 4 months): 1 May
Application period: 1 April - 1 June
Start of placement (max. 4 months): 1 September
2) Compulsory training placements
Parliament also consider applicants who meeth the general conditions of admission and for whom a training placement is a compulsory requirement:
· As part of a course of study at a university or at an educational establishment of an equivalent standard.
· In high-level vocational trianing organised by a non-profit-making body (notably public institutes or bodies)
· As a prerequisite for access to a profession
subject to the submission of supporting documentation from the body that grants access to the profession in question.
Starting dates and deadlines for receipt of applications for compulsory training placements
· Deadline for receipt of applications: 1 October
Start of placement: Between 1 January and 30 April
· Deadline for receipt of applications: 1 February
Start of placement: Between 1 May and 31 August
· Deadline for receipt of applications: 1 June