Translation Training Placements for Students
The European Parliament offers the opportunity to undertake transaltion training placements to applicants who have obtianed their secondary-school leaving certificate corresponding to the level required for entry to university or those who have followed a higher or technical course of study on the same level. These placements are especially for applicants who require to finish a training palcement as part of the course provided they have reached the age of 18 by the first day of the training placement.
The criteria which must be met include the following;
- Be nationals of a Member State of the European Union or a candidate country.
- Be aged 18 or over on the traineeship start date
- Have a perfect knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union or the official language of a candidate country. Also the applicant must have a good understanding of two other official languages of the European Union.
- Not have been awarded any other traineeship or have been in paid employment for more than four consecutive weeks at the expense of the European Union budget.
Training placement periods and the corresponding deadlines for applications
· Start of training placement: 1 January
Application period: 15 June - 15 August (midnight)
· Start of training placement: 1 April
Application period: 15 September -15 November (midnight)
· Start of training placement: 1 July
Application period: 15 December - 15 February (midnight)
· Start of training placement: 1 October
For more information please visit the page here